Chase is now offering a $200 (or $225) bonus for opening their Chase Total Checking account. The offer is valid both online and at Chase branches (you need to get the code from the link and take it to the branch). To be eligible, you need to open the checking account and setup a direct deposit within 90 days of account opening.
Chase Checking Account Bonus Summary
Bonus – $200 (or $300 with alternative link)
Account – Chase Total Checking
Direct Deposit – Yes, any amount within 90 days
Availability – Nationwide (both online and at branches)
Offer Expiry – January 25, 2023
Account Fees – $12 monthly (See below on how to avoid it)
In case you would like to use our referral link for the exact same offer, here is Our Referral Link
There is a better offer of $300 when you use this link – Alternative Offer
- Open the Chase Total Checking account online using the link or at Chase branches with the code you receive at your email
- Get qualifying direct deposit of within 90 days of account opening
- Receive your money within 15 days.
Checking Account Fee | How to Avoid It?
Chase Total Checking Account charges $12 monthly service fees.
The monthly service fee can be avoided with one of the following each fee period:
- Have electronic deposits made into this account totaling $500 or more, such as payments from payroll providers or government benefit providers, by using (i) the ACH network, (ii) the Real Time Payment network, or (iii) third party services that facilitate payments to your debit card using the Visa® or Mastercard® network; OR,
- Keep a balance at the beginning of each day of $1,500 or more in your checking account; OR,
- Keep an average beginning day balance of $5,000 or more in any combination of this account and linked qualifying Chase checking, savings and other balances.
Early Account Termination Fees
There is no mention of early termination fees. If the checking account is closed by the customer or Chase within six months after coupon enrollment, Chase will deduct the bonus amount at closing.
The Fine Print
Offer not available to existing Chase checking customers, or those whose accounts have been closed within 90 days or closed with a negative balance within the last 3 years. You can receive only one new checking account opening related bonus every two years from the last coupon enrollment date and only one bonus per account. Coupon is good for one-time use. To receive the bonus: 1) Open a new Chase Total Checking account, which is subject to approval; AND 2) Have your direct deposit made to this account within 90 days of coupon enrollment. Your direct deposit needs to be an electronic deposit of your paycheck, pension or government benefits (such as Social Security) from your employer or the government. Person to Person payments (such as Zelle®) are not considered a direct deposit. After you have completed all the above requirements, we’ll deposit the bonus in your new account within 15 days. To receive this bonus, the enrolled account must not be closed or restricted at the time of payout. Eligibility may be limited based on account ownership. Bonus is considered interest and will be reported on IRS Form 1099-INT (or Form 1042-S, if applicable).
Chase used to offer $225 for opening a new checking account but recently reduced to $200. Although we are a bit disappointed, the offer is still good as it has no minimum for direct deposit and the bonus posts quickly. We do recommend using the alternative offer to get $300 bonus.