Wells Fargo Bonus Updates
Update on January 17, 2023 – Wells Fargo is now offering $325 bonus and is valid till February 27, 2023.
Update on January 5, 2023 – Wells Fargo is now offering $200 bonus and is valid till March 28, 2023.
Update on December 15, 2022 – Wells Fargo is now offering $325 bonus and is valid till January 6, 2023.
Wells Fargo Bank
Wells Fargo is now offering a $325 bonus for opening their Everyday Checking Account. The offer is valid both online and at Wells Fargo branches (you need to get the code from the link and take it to the branch). To be eligible, you need to open the checking account and setup a direct deposit of at least $1000 within 90 days of account opening.
Wells Fargo Checking Account Bonus
Bonus – $200
Account – Wells Fargo Everyday Checking
Direct Deposit – Yes, at least $ 1000 within 90 days
Availability – Nationwide (both online and at branches)
Offer Expiry – Mar 28, 2023
Account Fees – $10 monthly (See below on how to avoid it)
Checking Bonus Requirements
- Open the Everyday Checking account online using the link or at Wells Fargo branches with the code you receive at your email
- Fund the account with $25
- Get qualifying direct deposit of $1000 within 90 days of account opening
Account Fee | How to Avoid It?
Wells Fargo Everyday Checking Account charges $10 monthly service fees.
The monthly service fee can be avoided with one of the following each fee period:
- $500 minimum daily balance
- $500 or more in total qualifying direct deposits
- Primary account owner is 17-24 years old. (When the primary account owner reaches the age of 25, age can no longer be used to avoid the monthly service fee.)
- Linked to a Wells Fargo Campus ATM Card or Campus Debit Card
Early Account Termination Fees
There is no mention of early termination fees. We recommend keeping the account open for at least 90 days and if possible, for 180 days.
The Fine Print
- This offer is for new checking customers only. All Wells Fargo consumer checking accounts are eligible for this offer with the exception of checking accounts offered by Wells Fargo Private Bank.
- You must use your bonus offer code at account opening when you apply for a new eligible Wells Fargo checking account.
- You are not eligible for this offer if:
- You are a current owner of a Wells Fargo consumer checking account
- You have received a bonus for opening a Wells Fargo consumer checking account within the past 12 months
- You are a Wells Fargo employee
Checking Bonus Requirements
- Open a new Wells Fargo consumer checking account with a minimum opening deposit of $25.
- Within 90 calendar days of account opening (the “qualification period”), receive a total of $1,000 or more in qualifying direct deposits to your new checking account.
- A qualifying direct deposit is an ACH (Automated Clearing House) automatic electronic deposit of your salary, pension, Social Security, or other regular income into your bank account. Confirm with your employer or the agency or company making these payments that they use the ACH network.
- Transfers from one account to another, mobile deposits, or deposits made at a branch, or ATM don’t qualify as a direct deposit.
- Once the 90-day qualification period has elapsed, we will determine if you have met the offer requirements, and will deposit any earned bonus into your new checking account within 30 days.
- The new checking account must remain open throughout the 90-day qualification period and at the time we attempt to deposit any earned bonus payment. Please note that an account with a zero balance may be closed by us without prior notice, as further described in the Deposit Account Agreement.
- You are responsible for any federal, state, or local taxes due on the bonus and we will report as income to the tax authorities if required by applicable law. Consult your tax advisor.
Additional Terms and Conditions
- Offer expires December 31, 2022. However, offer may be discontinued or changed at any time prior to the expiration date without notice.
- Offer cannot be:
- Paid without a valid U.S. Taxpayer Identification Number (Form W-9 for U.S. persons including a resident alien). Non-resident aliens, signing Form W-8 are not eligible for the offer.
- Combined with any other consumer deposit offer (limit one bonus per customer/account).
- Reproduced, purchased, sold, transferred, or traded.
- The actions required to earn this bonus are separate and distinct from the options available to you to avoid any applicable monthly service fee for the checking account you opened.
In the past, Wells Fargo had offered $300 bonus and $325 bonus was offered recently but has now been reduced to $200 currently. This is still a decent bonus as requirements are straightforward and easy to meet. Also, bonus posts relatively quickly.