US Bank is offering $600 bonus when you open their new Smartly Checking Account and Standard Savings Account and complete required activities. They are offering $400 bonus for Smartly Checking account and $200 bonus for Standard Savings account. The offer is valid both online as well as at US Bank branches.
To earn up to $400, open a U.S. Bank Smartly™ Checking account online, in a branch or over the phone with an opening deposit of $25. Then complete the following activities within 90 days:
- Enroll in the U.S. Bank Mobile App or online banking.
- Complete two or more direct deposits.
Your bonus is determined by the total amount of your direct deposits:
- Earn $200 when your direct deposits total $3,000 to $5,999.99.
- Earn $400 when your direct deposits total $6,000 or more.
To earn $200, open a Standard Savings account online, in a branch or over the phone with an opening deposit of $25. Then complete the following activities:
- Deposit $25,000 or more in new money by Feb. 28.
- Maintain a minimum total account balance of $25,000 through and including May 31.
Smartly Checking Account is a new offering from US Bank. Previously, they use to offer Platinum Checking, Gold Checking and Easy Checking. They market Smartly Checking account as a smarter way to bank with $0 monthly fees (with required activities), $0 overdraft fees, and $0 ATM fees.
US Bank Checking Savings Bonus Summary
Bonus – Up to $600
Account – Smartly Checking Account & Standard Savings Account
Direct Deposit – Yes, 2 DDs within 60 days, of at least $3,000
Availability – Nationwide (Online & at US bank branches)
Offer Expiry – February 7, 2023
Account Fees – $6.95 (checking) & $4 (savings) monthly (Both Waivable – see below on how to avoid it)
Link for the Offer
Checking Savings Bonus Requirements
- Open a new account using the link. Use the code – “2023Jan”
- Deposit $25 to open the account
- Enroll in online banking or the US Bank mobile app.
- Get at least two qualifying direct deposit within 60 days of account opening totaling
- at least $3000 for $300 bonus, OR
- at least $6,000 for $500 bonus
- Deposit $25,000 in new money to Savings account by Feb 28
- Maintain that balance of $25,000 until May 31.
- Checking Bonus will be deposited within 60 days of direct deposit verification.
- Savings Bonus will be deposited within 30 days of final savings account balance verification.
BonusCoach’s List of Best Bank Account Bonus
Checking Savings Account Fees | How to Avoid It?
US Bank Smartly Checking – $6.95 monthly. To avoid it:
- Be a member of the military or be under the age of 24 or over the age of 65. OR
- Have combined direct deposits worth $1,000 or more each month. OR
- Keep a minimum average account balance of $1,500 or more.
US Bank Standard Savings – $4 monthly. To avoid it:
- Maintain a $300 minimum daily balance. OR
- Hold an $1000 average monthly collected balance. OR
- Hold the account jointly with a youth (ages 17 & under).
Early Account Termination Fees
There is no mention of early termination fees. Bonus would be deposited within 60 days after direct deposits verification and the account has to be in good standing.
The Fine Print
Offer is not valid if you or any signer on the account has an existing U.S. Bank consumer checking account, had a U.S. Bank consumer checking account in the last two years, or received other U.S. Bank bonus offers within the past two years.
- A minimum deposit of $25 is required to open both the U.S. Bank consumer checking and savings account.
Earn a $200 or $200 bonus by opening a new U.S. Bank Smartly™ Checking account (excluding Safe Debit Account) from January 4 through and including February 7, 2023.
The checking account can be opened in a branch, online or over the phone. Additionally, you must enroll in online banking or the U.S. Bank Mobile App within 60 days of opening your account.
You must also complete two or more direct deposits within 60 days of opening your account that total: $3,000 to $5,999.99 to earn the $200 bonus, or $6,000 or more to earn the $400 bonus.
The checking bonus will be deposited into your new checking account within 60 days of direct deposit verification and verification of enrollment in online banking or the U.S. Bank Mobile App as long as your account is open and has a positive balance.
Additionally, you must make deposit(s) of $25,000 or more by February 28, 2023, and then maintain a minimum total account balance of at least $25,000 through May 31, 2023. The $200 bonus will be credited to your new savings account within 30 days of final savings account balance verification.
Bonus will be reported as interest earned on IRS form 1099-INT and recipient is responsible for any applicable taxes.
Offer may not be combined with any other checking account bonus offers. Offer is not valid if you or any signer on the account has an existing U.S. Bank consumer checking account, had a U.S. Bank consumer checking account in the last two years, or received other U.S. Bank bonus offers within the past two years.
You must use the promotion code listed on this offer when you apply.
This is a good bonus offered by US Bank. Although US Bank has offered up to $500 bonus in the past for Checking account, they usually offer up to $400. We like that it is a tiered bonus and most people can qualify for at least $200 bonus. Also, the $200 savings bonus is what others are offering for $25,000 deposit.
We like the fact that, although advertised together, the Checking and Savings bonus can be applied separately. Click here for US Bank Checking Account Bonus.