PSECU – Pennsylvania State Employee Credit Union
PSECU is offering up to $300 bonus for opening their Checking Account using promo code “LEVELUP” and fulfilling qualifying requirements. The bonus is divided into three levels and offers $100 for each level.
Level 1 – $100
- Become a PSECU member using promo code: LEVELUP and add a free checking account with debit card.
- Log into digital banking (online or mobile).
- Activate your debit card.
(Must be completed in the first 30 days of establishing your membership.)
Level 2 – $100
- Establish one or more qualifying payroll direct deposits that together total $200 per calendar month.
(Must be completed within 90 days of establishing your membership.)
Level 3 – $100
- Maintain the qualifying payroll direct deposit(s) for 90 days after initial deposit.
PSECU offers free checking account that offers 70,000+ surcharge free ATMS and free checks. They also offer ATM fee rebate of up to $20 per month for members with direct deposit and $8 per months for members without direct deposit. Besides, they offer debit card rewards where you can earn $0.10 or $0.05 for each transaction above $10.
PSECU Checking Bonus Summary
Bonus – $300
Account – Checking
Direct Deposit – Yes, for Level 2 and Level 3
Availability – Nationwide. PA non-resident can still become eligible for PSECU membership by joining the Pennsylvania Recreation and Park Society (PRPS). Click here for details.
Offer Expiry – December 31, 2023
Account Fees – None
Checking Bonus Requirements
- Open a new Checking account online using the promo code – LEVELUP, enroll into digital banking and activate your debit card, within 30 days, for a $100 bonus.
- Establish one or more qualifying payroll direct deposits that together total $200 per calendar month, within 90 days, for another $100 bonus.
- Maintain qualifying payroll direct deposit(s) for 90 days after initial deposit for another $100 bonus.
- Bonus will be deposited within 45 days after the requirements are satisfied.
Checking Account Fee | How to Avoid It?
- There is no account fees.
Early Account Termination Fees
There is no mention of early termination fees in their fee schedule. However, bonus might be forfeited if the account is closed before 12 months.
The Fine Print
- From 1/1/2023 to 12/31/2023, PSECU is running a new member incentive bonus. To receive up to $300, new members must sign up with a promotional code and satisfy each of the requirements listed below.
- PSECU will deposit member incentive bonus into the Regular share within 45 days after the requirements are satisfied.
- Promotion open to U.S. Residents who are 18 years of age or older at the time the account is opened. Limit one (1) new member Level Up bonus per tax identification number used to open a new PSECU account.
- You will not be eligible for the Level Up bonus if you are a current PSECU member or have received a previous new member incentive bonus within the past 12 months.
- $5 is required to open and maintain a Regular share account. This $5 share deposit is also required to be eligible to receive the $300, and the member must be in good standing as defined by PSECU’s Bylaws Article II, Section 1. A $5 minimum share purchase will be made on behalf of the new member by PSECU.
- If the member account is closed within the first year of membership, the initial $5 share will be retained by PSECU.
- The recipient of the bonus (up to $300) is solely responsible for payment of applicable taxes on that amount.
This is an excellent bonus for opening a checking account. Requirements are easy to meet and fulfilling all requirements will provide $300 bonus. Although PSECU is focused in PA, everyone can be a member by joining the Pennsylvania Recreation and Park Society (PRPS). The cost to join PRPS is $20 but PSECU will cover $10 of that cost.
Besides the bonus, it is good to have a relationship with a credit union as they offer some of the most competitive rates on loans as well as have exclusive benefits for their members.