Target RedCard Bonus Updates
Update on January 1, 2023 – Target is again offering the sign up bonus for its credit and debit cards and is valid from January 1, 2023 till January 14, 2023.
Target is offering $40 sign up bonus for Target RedCard, both debit and credit. Bonus is provided in the form of gift certificate of $40, valid for a future qualifying purchase over $40.
Target RedCard is offered both debit card as well as a credit card. If you select a credit card, it works as any other MasterCard. If you opt for debit card, you have to link your bank account and the amount is deducted immediately from your bank account.
Target RedCard, both credit and debit offers the following cashback:
- Earn 5% cashback on all purchases on Target, in store and online.
- Earn 5% cashback at any in-store Starbucks locations
- Earn 5% on specialty gift cards for travel, restaurants, movie tickets, and more.
Besides these benefits, Target RedCard Credit also offers:
- Earn 2% cashback on dining at restaurants and gas stations
- Earn 1% on all other purchases
Rewards can be redeemed as Target Gift Card, either physical or electronic. You can redeem the gift card once you have a minimum of $10. Rewards do not expire.
Target RedCard Sign Up Bonus
Sign up Bonus – $40
Required Spend – $40+
Offer Expiry – December 10, 2022
Annual Fee – $0 (None)
- RedCard Extended Returns – Get additional 30 days to return items purchases at Target, online or in-store beyond the standard return policy applicable to each of the purchased items.
- RedCard Free Shipping – Receive free standard shipping on your purchases at Target.com
- RedCard 2 day Shipping – Receive free 2 days shipping on eligible items.
- Exclusive Extra Benefits – RedCard holders will be offered exclusive extras, including special items and offers (collectively, “exclusive extras”)
The Fine Print
- RedCard $40 sign up bonus: Get a coupon for $40 off a qualifying purchase over $40 when you are approved for a debit or credit RedCard in-stores and at Target.com between 10/30/22 – 12/10/22. The coupon will be mailed to approved cardholders with their RedCard and will be valid through 01/09/2023.
Although we recommend to use credit card for purchases wherever possible due to their protection features, we strongly recommend you opt for debit card on this one. The credit card offers no significant benefits compared to debit cards and there are better cards for gas and dinning purchases. We do recommend this card for anyone that shops at Target. You can also load it in your Target app and use that to pay in store as well, without the need to carry this card with you.