Amex Blue Cash Preferred Card
American Express is offering $400 sign up bonus for Amex Blue Cash Preferred Card. To be eligible, you have to spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 6 months from account opening.
Amex Blue Cash Preferred Card offers the following cashback:
- Earn 6% cash back on your first $6,000 of purchases per year at US supermarkets (excludes Walmart and Target).
- Earn 6% cash back on select streaming service
- Earn 3% cash back at US Gas Stations and on transit (e.g., taxis/rideshare, parking, tolls, trains, buses and more)
- Earn 1% on all other purchases
Cash back is received in the form of Reward Dollars that can be redeemed for statement credits whenever your available balance is $25 or more.
Amex Blue Cash Preferred Bonus Summary
Bonus – $400
Required Spend – $3,000 within the first 6 months of account opening
Additional Offer – 0% intro APR for 12 months from account opening on purchases
Offer Expiry – No Information
Annual Fee – $95
Additional Card Benefits
- Amex Offers – Eligible Card Members can redeem an Amex Offer by first enrolling in the offer in their online account or in the American Express® App and then using their enrolled Card to pay.
- Purchase Protection – Protect covered purchase made on your card against accidental damage or theft, for up to 90 days from Covered Purchase date.
- Return Protection – If you try to return an eligible item within 90 days from the date of purchase and the merchant won’t take it back, American Express may refund the full purchase price excluding shipping and handling, up to $300 per item, up to a maximum of $1,000 per calendar year per Card account.
- Extended Warranty – Extends the original manufacturer’s warranty for up to one year. The protection covers up to $10,000 per item and up to $50,000 per calendar year.
- Disney Bundle –Receive $7 back each month (up to $84 back annually) after spending $13.99 or more each month on an eligible subscription to The Disney Bundle which includes Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+ using your Card.
- ShopRunner membership – Complimentary ShopRunner membership that provides unlimited Free 2-Day Shipping, Free Returns, and exclusive benefits at all the stores in the network.
- Car Rental Loss and Damage Insurance – Decline the rental company’s collision insurance and charge the entire rental cost to your card. Provides secondary coverage for damage to or theft of a rental vehicle in a covered territory. Coverage is secondary to your personal insurance and does not include liability coverage.
- Premium Card Rental Protection – Pay a flat rate per rental for up to 42 consecutive days. With Premium Card Rental Protection, there is no deductible and you can file that claim with Amex as primary provider. It is a paid service.
- $120 Equinox+ Credit
- American Express Experiences – Exclusive access to tickets presales and Card Member only events in select cities.
- Amex Auto Purchasing Program
The Fine Print
The welcome offer, intro APRs, and intro plan fees are not available to applicants who have or have had this Card. We may also consider the number of American Express Cards you have opened and closed as well as other factors in making a decision on your welcome offer, intro APRs, and intro plan fee eligibility.
To qualify for the $400 statement credit, you must make purchases with your Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express that total $3,000 or more within your first 6 months of Card Membership starting from the date your account is approved. The statement credit will be applied 8-12 weeks after the spend threshold is met. If we in our sole discretion determine that you have engaged in abuse, misuse, or gaming in connection with the welcome offer in any way or that you intend to do so (for example, if you applied for one or more cards to obtain a welcome offer(s) that we did not intend for you; if you cancel or downgrade your account within 12 months after acquiring it; or if you cancel or return purchases you made to meet the Threshold Amount), we may not credit the statement credit to, we may freeze the statement credit credited to, or we may take away the statement credit from your account. We may also cancel this Card account and other Card accounts you may have with us. Eligible purchases can be made by the Basic Card Member and any Additional Card Members on a single Card Account. Purchases to meet the spend requirement do NOT include fees or interest charges, cash advances, purchases of traveler’s checks, purchases or reloading of prepaid cards, purchases of gift cards, person-to-person payments, or purchases of any cash equivalents. Additional Card Members on your account are not eligible for this offer. To receive the $300 statement credit, your Card account must not be past due or cancelled at the time the statement credit is posted to your Card account.
Amex used to offer $300 sign up bonus for Blue Cash Preferred Card with first year annual fee waived but is now offering $400 dollars and charging $95 for first year. So it is basically the same offer that they used to have, just different terms. The best sign up bonus we have seen for Amex Blue Cash Preferred was $350 with first year fee waived.