PNC Bank is offering either $200 or a $400 bonus for opening their Checking Account (Virtual Wallet) and having qualifying direct deposit of $2000 or $5000 respectively within the first 60 days. The offer is available nationwide and is valid online only.
PNC Checking Account Bonus
Bonus – $200 or $400
Account – Virtual Wallet with Performance Spend or Virtual Wallet with Performance Select
Availability – Nationwide. Offer valid online only.
Offer Expiry – October 31, 2022
Account Fees – $15 or $25 (waivable)
Checking Bonus Requirements
- Open a new Checking account (either Virtual Wallet with Performance Spend or Performance Select) online using the link.
- Have a total of at least $2,000 in qualifying direct deposits within the first 60 days for $200 bonus, OR
- Have a total of at least $5,000 in qualifying direct deposits within the first 60 days for $400 bonus (applicable for Premier Account)
- Bonus posts within 60-90 days after all conditions have been met.
Checking Account Fee | How to Avoid It?
- Virtual Wallet with Performance Spend – $15 per month. To avoid it, meet any of the following requirements.
- Have $2,000 combined average monthly balance in your Spend and/or Reserve Accounts
- Get $2,000 in qualifying monthly direct deposits to your Spend account during the statement period ($1,000 for WorkPlace or Military Banking customers)
- Have $10,000 combined average monthly balance only across PNC Bank consumer deposit accounts you have chosen to link.
- Virtual Wallet with Performance Select – $25 per month. To avoid it, meet any of the following requirements.
- Have $5,000 combined average monthly balance in your Spend and/or Reserve Accounts
- Get $5,000 in qualifying monthly direct deposits to your Spend account during the statement period ($1,000 for WorkPlace or Military Banking customers)
- Have $25,000 combined average monthly balance only across PNC Bank consumer deposit accounts and/or PNCI investment accounts you have chosen to link.
Early Account Termination Fees
There is an early termination fee of $25 if the account is closed within 180 days.
The Fine Print
- Offer is contingent on product availability and may vary based on where you open your account and the zip code of your primary address. For online or phone origination, the zip code of your primary address will be used to determine product availability. For origination through a PNC location, product availability will be based on the physical PNC location. You may earn a $400 reward if you open a new Virtual Wallet with Performance Select or a $200 reward if you open a new Virtual Wallet with Performance Spend. If you change your Virtual Wallet product type after account opening, the product type that you are in at the end of the month in which you opened your account will determine your offer eligibility, terms and corresponding reward amount, if applicable.
- To qualify for the reward, the new Virtual Wallet product must be opened online via the application links on this page and completed with a mobile device between 07/01/2022 to 10/31/2022, and a qualifying Direct Deposit(s) must be received within the first 60 days. Your Virtual Wallet product must remain open in order for you to receive the reward, which will be credited to the eligible account within 60–90 days after all conditions have been met and will be identified as “CREDITS CHECK REWARD” on your monthly statement.
- A qualifying Direct Deposit for this offer, is defined as a recurring Direct Deposit of a paycheck, pension, Social Security or other regular monthly income electronically deposited by an employer or an outside agency into the Spend account of a Virtual Wallet with Performance Select or Virtual Wallet with Performance Spend. The total amount of all qualifying Direct Deposits credited to your Spend account must be at least $5,000 for Virtual Wallet with Performance Select or $2,000 for Virtual Wallet with Performance Spend. Credit card cash advance transfers, wire transfers, person to person transfers, transfers from one account to another or deposits made at a physical PNC location or ATM do not qualify as qualifying Direct Deposits.
- New account will not be eligible for offer if you or any signer on the new account has an existing PNC Bank consumer checking account or has closed an account within the past 90 days, or has been paid a PNC promotional premium in the past 24 months. If multiple accounts are opened with the same signers, only one account will be eligible for the premium. Trust, Estate and other specialty titled accounts are excluded from this offer. Offer may be extended, modified or discontinued at any time and may vary by market. The value of the reward may be reported on the appropriate Internal Revenue Service (IRS) forms, and may be considered taxable income to you.
We view the PNC Checking Account bonus of either $200 or $400 as an average bonus. The requirements of $2,000 or $5,000 direct deposit is comparable to what most checking account bonus requires but should be doable within 60 days for most.
Please note the requirement that the account must be opened online and completed in a mobile device.